EU Responsible Person - Cosmetics
If you are a cosmetic products company, a cosmetic manufacturer, or cosmetic brand owner outside of the European Union, and intend to establish and sell cosmetic products in the EU market, you must have a EU Cosmetics Responsible Person to act as your legal representative.
As your Cosmetics Responsible Person (RP), MDSS cosmetics will be your legal representative in the EU and the initial point of contact for the European Union authorities.
Be sure to expect:
- Knowledgeable advice from a scientific and regulatory expert
- One individual contact person
- Full cost transparency and project-based accounting
- Continuous feedback and support.
MDSS Cosmetics will guide you through the European Union legal requirements according to the Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009:
- Notification via the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP)
- Cosmetic Product Information File (PIF)
- Safety assessment for cosmetic products
- Organisation of the Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR)
- Handling of third party inquiries
- Ingredients review
- Labeling review
What are your advantages with MDSS Cosmetics?
- A European address for your label and initial point of contact in Europe
- An independent and experienced partner acting as for your EU Responsible Person
- On time introduction of your cosmetic products to the European market
European Regulatory Background
The European Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 entered into force in July 2013 and includes an important key sentence:
“Only cosmetic products for which a legal or natural person is designated within the Community as ‘responsible person’ shall be placed on the market” (Article 4.1)
Once MDSS notifies your cosmetic products via the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP), it is formally classified as marketable and does not require any further official approval or authorization by a competent authority.
Upon establishing the Product Information File and conducting the notification of your cosmetic products, MDSS Cosmetics will be the initial point of contact for European competent authorities and keeps the Product Information File up to date. By choosing MDSS Cosmetics as your designated Responsible Person and legal representative in Europe your company will avoid unnecessary sharing of confidential information with importers and distributors. You have a one-stop service from a reliable partner on site in Europe who assists you to reach your actual target: Introducing your products onto the European market and to your final customers, who can look forward to enjoy excellent and safe products.