European Cosmetics Regulations Services
Safety Evaluation, Essential Requirements, & Safety Assessment
MDSS Cosmetics team of experts guides you through all levels of the European Cosmetic Regulatory services: European Safety Evaluations; European Essential Requirements; European Safety Assessments; and, the Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR).
- Article 10 of the European Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 requires a safety assessment for every cosmetic product on the European market and must in place in place prior to notification via CPNP.
- The cosmetic safety assessment is the written evaluation on the safety of the cosmetic product
- The cosmetic safety assessment is the core element of the Product Information File (PIF) and shall certify the safety of the cosmetic product for human health.
- The safety assessment shall be conducted only by a qualified person holding a degree in chemistry, toxicology or a related discipline which is recognized within the European Union.
- The safety assessment of your cosmetic product will be prepared on your behalf by an external expert on the basis of provided documentation and established literature, considering raw materials, packaging information as well as toxicological, dermatological and microbiological aspects.
- If any additional testing of your cosmetic products may be required for the European safety assessment, MDSS’ partner companies and laboratories will be glad to help you further.
- The provided documents together with the European safety assessment results in the Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR).
Cosmetic Product Notification via the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP)
- MDSS will immediately handle the notification via the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP): The notification via CPNP can be conducted within one or two working days.
- Your Cosmetic product will then be ready to be placed on the European market.
- No further approval or notification on the European level will be necessary.
- Full access to the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal information is only granted for the competent authorities of the European Union Member States and the European poison centers. Responsible Persons have access only to their own entries and product information.